Re: New At This

CCing the list

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 00:39, Andrew & Joyce wrote:
> I am not sure. How do I find that out?
[...]
> > Have you got sg and sr-mod modules loaded? Linux treats usb and firewire
> > devices like scsi devices.

You can list the currently loaded modules by using lsmod (/sbin/lsmod)
if those modules are not loaded, you can load them by running (as root)
"modprobe modulename". To make the modules load every time your system
boots, you can add them to the list of modules in the file /etc/modules

Hope that helps,

Mark