Re: USB DVD movie playback

On Friday 17 October 2003 13:16, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:11:46AM -0700, Jack Pistachio wrote:
> > Has anyone had success viewing DVD movies with a USB DVD
> > device?
>
> Wow, that's probably the most obscene misapplication of USB I've
> heard of yet...

Why? If you have a laptop without DVD drive, and you connect one via
USB? Those drives are available, just as CD burners. I don't see what
problem you have with it. And why is it a "misapplication"? USB is
designed to transport data, and nobody ever said that movie data may is
an exception.

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!