Re: AD 1980 audio driver

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:41, Adam Galant wrote:
> Hello.
> Does any anyone know how to set this up?
> I've tried OSS (not ALSA) via82cxxx_audio driver (is this the right one?),
> got working (ie. adjustable) mixer, but no audio output.
> My system:
> ASUS A7V8X (manual says it has AD1980 codec)
> Debian 3.0 / 2.4.18 kernel.
> Plese bo kind to cc to my private mailbox since I've not subscribed to the
> list.

I asked this question a while back. I had some responses, mainly
off-list. Basically, it will work, but I believe the only people getting
it to work were using ALSA. The mobo I bought in the end was slightly
different and came with the AD1985 chpiset. I got this working easily
using ALSA.

Go here:

and you will see that the 1980 is supported under the ac97 codec.

As for getting it working under OSS, I have no idea.