Re: debian on a mac?

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 19:01, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 22:33 GMT, Clive Menzies penned:
> > It is worth reviewing the archive for debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
>
> Speaking of which, http://www.debian.org/ports/ lists the motorola 68k
> as the second-most popular debian-port, then later down the list
> mentions the powerpc.  Both mention Macs.  Are all modern Macs
> powerpc, or do I need to look at the specs to know what I need?

Apple hasn't made a 68K Mac since, oh, 1995.

The thing now is the differences between G3, G4 & G5, and that
early G3 Macs still used the NuBus, and thus won't run Linux.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas