Re: Debian / Linux KaZaA client?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:23:21AM -0200, klaus imgrund wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 October 2003 03:21, Alex Malinovich wrote:
>
> > Better make sure that your friend's kids aren't 12. The RIAA seems to
> > have it in for 12 year olds. :)
> >
> That aside you could try mldonkey or xmule for the edonkey network or gift.
> There are plugins for gift that support fasttrack aka kazaa and gnutella.
> For a gui try apollon.
> I got no idea what of those you can get as deb's though and wouldn't advise to
> get any from stable anyway.Those networks change protocols often and Linux
> clients usually are playing catchup.

Ah, thanks for that. Hmm. I wasn't planning on giving him unstable;
gift appears to be available in the same version both for stable and
unstable, so that's cool. mldonkey appears to be unstable-only, giving
me the options of source-build to /usr/local, chroot, backport, or
source-build to a custom .deb, which would be nicest.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons