Re: Re: no network access on new install

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:35:54PM -0600, Allasso wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 14:38, Allasso wrote:
> >   I just finished my first install of debian on my second hard drive via
> > over the net, using my existing system (redhat 8.0), and using the
> > guidelines from section 3.7 in the manual. I finally got it to boot on
> > its own.
> >
> > I am not able to access the network now.
> >
> Some info about the hardware and connection type involved wouldn't hurt.
>
> I am using an ethernet card with a DSL connection. This is connected to a DSL router.
>
> Is that what you meant?
>
> Klaus

Yeah, so much info my mail server almost crashed.

But seriously: A good point to start is
http://www.netfilter/org/documentation/index.html .

Some hints:
Is the router working ok?
Is your ethernet card supported? Do you have the right driver module?
Is the network set up correctly (ifconfig , route )?

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!