Re: CD writer

--- Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:08:17PM -0700, Sidney
> Brooks wrote:
>
> > I have Debian woody with a 2.4.22 kernel and want
> > install my cd writer. I am using two publications
> as
> > my guide, by pbharris and joreybump. Both instruct
> me
> > to insert modules for scsi emulation, in
> particular
> > ide-scsi.I do not have this module.
>
> Did you compile your own kernel?  I just checked
> packages.debian.org and
> Woody doesn't come with 2.4.22.  Where did you get
> your source?
>
> > I have gone through the kernel compilation several
> times and cannot find a
> > place to install this module. Can anybody tell
> what to do to install my cd
> > writer.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what do you get if you type
> "locate ide-scsi"?
> --

I obtained the kernel from kde.org. I found a good
instruction article on the internet. The task was
easier than I thought that it would be and everything
is working.It is another example of the fact that with
good documentation, linux works well.

When I type "locate ide-scsi", I get a blank return.