CD writer

I have Debian woody with a 2.4.22 kernel and want to
install my cd writer. I am using two publications as
my guide, by pbharris and joreybump. Both instruct me
to insert modules for scsi emulation, in particular
ide-scsi.I do not have this module. I have gone
through the kernel compilation several times and
cannot find a place to install this module.
Can anybody tell what to do to install my cd writer.