Re: speedy spam

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 1:20 pm, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:22:41AM -0400, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>| Well, hell.
>|
>| I set up a new address (for family) on my server and inadvertently used it
>| Sunday in a reply to debian-user. It's now being flooded with email
>| viruses and spam.
>
>What?  Spam?  What's that?
>
>Only around 100 spam per-day is actually delivered to me, and all but
>a handful lands in my "spam" folder.  The remaining handful lands in
>my "unsure" folder.

My system's not as advanced as yours (fetchmail/mailfilter/spamassassin) but
it works in a similar fashion. Almost all spam is routed to a spam folder.
The previously "clean" address that I used here on Sunday is being sent a
boatload of spam/viruses, but it's being caught.

Regarding obfustcating email addresses on the list's web archives...I won't
beat a dead horse.

Jeff