Re: speedy spam

Derrick 'dman' Hudson(dman@dman13.dyndns.org) is reported to have said:

> For a sense of how effective these defenses are, here's some recent
> statistics from pflogsumm.  I'm not showing the past couple days
> because the numbers will be skewed due to downtime of the primary mx
> of a domain I relay for.  (IOW my server suddenly had to handle mail
> for more users than usual, hence the numbers are a slightly atypical.)
>

> Grand Totals
> ------------
> messages
>
>     908   received
>     444   delivered
>       0   forwarded
>       0   deferred
>       0   bounced
>     186   rejected (20%)
>       0   reject warnings
>       0   held
>     283   discarded (30%)
>
> -D

Impressive!

My two day results, using mailfilter and spamassassin, are

Mail at ISP  Downloaded to mbox(s)   Delivered to Spam folders
1491            1062                       47

Thats 382 deleted at the pop server and 'not' downloaded.
60% were the MS crap that were 140K or larger.

Since installing mailfilter I see about 20 messages/day in the spam
folders and only 1 or 2 in the non-spam folders.  Spamassassin learns
very fast!

Wayne
--
.....File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)