Re: Question about LaTeX...

Hi,

umiguel@alunos.deis.isec.pt writes:

> Hi,
>
> just a silly question about LaTeX:
> How can I add a new (user) class to the path where the latex command
> searchs? The problem is that I have several customised classes that I
> use frequently and, whenever I want to create, e.g., a postscript I need
> to copy my *.cls files to the compilation directory...

Set the value of the TEXINPUTS environment variable

$ export TEXPINPUTS=:something//:another//
[under bash and friends]

$ setenv TEXINPUTS :something//:another//
[under csh and friends]

see

$ man tex

and search for TEXINPUTS for a complete description.

Hope this helps,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.