Startupfiles for X11

I want to use

setxkbmap us_intl

as a startup program on desktops (some xfce and some kde) on sarge.

How do I do it?

I see there is an instruction in /.xfce/initrc (and
in xfce's ~/.initrc which looks like this:

# Start-up stuff from ~/Desktop/Autostart directory, if it exists
# (as it seems to be the new standard)
if [ -d "$HOME/Desktop/Autostart" ]; then
  for i in `ls -1 ${HOME}/Desktop/Autostart/ 2>/dev/null`; do
    if [ -x $HOME/Desktop/Autostart/$i ]; then
      $HOME/Desktop/Autostart/$i &
    fi
  done
fi

But even if I have the following script in ~/Desktop/Autostart:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/X11/setxkbmap us_intl

the startup process seems to ignore it.

I am using kdm to as display manager.

In the older days one could simply insert an instruction in .xinitrc
or .xsession to do something like this, but now I don't know how to do
it.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I delight to do thy will, O my God; yea, thy law is
      within my heart."             Psalms 40:8