Re: problems with rsa authentication (for use with mpich)

Faheem Mitha wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:01:41 -0400, Roberto Sanchez
<rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> wrote:

In your case it is the key contained in ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub (or
id_rsa.pub, if you use RSA authentication) from the host on which
the login attempt will originate.

Is it actually necessary to use the key? In other words, cannot one
opt to not do DSA or RSA based authentication and just do host- based
authentication (I believe that is what it is called)?
I don't see any mention of this in the documentation.

I know that host-based authentication is possible.  I believe the
remote host's public key goes somwhere in your /etc directory.

Read RadHat's Reference Guide:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/

There is a section on SSH configuration which talks about host-based
authentication.

-Roberto