Re: problems with rsa authentication (for use with mpich)

Faheem Mitha wrote:

The only file in that directory is known_hosts. I'm not sure why keys
would enter into this at all anyway. As I understand it, the whole idea is
to just stick the trusted hosts into .rhosts, and you're away.

You want the key placed into the file ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.  For
example, I have placed the key from each of my client machines into the
server, allowing me to login without password.  I use the file I
mentioned above, and it Just Works (TM).

-Roberto