Re: login-delay after boot

[loonyx | rolf joho] wrote:
my woody-box drives me mad:

after boot, wen the login-prompt appears, i can enter a username, but
then i have to wait ~4 MINUTES!!! until i can enter my password.
it's not that my machine was so superslow ( it worked right on earlier
setups). also subsequent logins behave as one woud expect...
i have no idea where to look for a solution, so any hint would be great.

I have to add that, after i logged in, X starts veeery slow if started for the first time. again subsequen X-restarts do well...

rolf