Re: Licensing requirements ???

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 at 16:03 GMT, Joey Hess penned:
> Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 at 19:12 GMT, Chris Spencer penned:
>> >=20 This is to say if your client makes changes to apache or PHP
>> >they *MUST* make those changes available at no cost to everyone.=20
>> >=20
>>=20 Nitpick (though I think it was implied by the rest of your post):
>>=20 They must make those changes available *if* they distribute the
>>changed product.
>
> No, they must make the complete source to all GPLed software in debian
> available if they distribute it, even unmodified. Read section 3 of
> the GPL.
>
> --=20 see shy jo

What I meant to convey is that, if they made changes that they kept
internally and never distributed, they wouldn't have to distribute the
source.

Of course that's not what they're trying to do, so it's pretty much
irrelevant to this discussion.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please