Weather Stations

Actually, there's two parts.  First we need a machine to collect
data from an inexpensive weather station and then copy (ftp/scp) the
data to some location every so often.

Any suggestions for weather stations (a piece of equipment, not an
online "station") that a linux box can talk to?  I assume a serial port
is the interface of choice here.

The second part is for a web site to fetch the data and convert it into
some type of display suitable for a web page.  It would be nice to have
something graphic (even if it is static data -- could use some animated
image to give the effect of the wind speed fluctuating, I suppose ;)

Any ideas?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org