Re: Transfer of files from laptop to desktop

Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm> writes:

> I have a work laptop running Win2000 that has a large number of files I
> would like to transfer to my home Linux desktop.  What would be the
> easiest way to do this?

Install Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/), which gives you a familiar
bash shell under Windows.  If you install enough bits of it (the
installer sadly isn't APT-based), you can get a normal ssh client.
Then cd /cygdrive/c/My\ Documents/ or wherever, and scp things to the
Linux machine to your heart's content.

	-- Abra Mitchell