Re: mutt: how to forward envelope From?

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:20:37AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I've noticed when you forward a message in mutt, it strips off the
> very first header, the envelope From.  Is there a way to change this?

Headers from your original post, as burst out of the digest:

> From debian-user@lists.debian.org  Thu Oct 9 01:20:37 -0700 2003
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 01:20:37 -0700
> From: Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>
> To: Debian User List <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: mutt: how to forward envelope From?

Headers from forwarding it to myself from mutt:

> From jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk Thu Oct 09 21:33:21 2003
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:33:21 +0100
> To: pigeon@localhost
> Subject: [baloo@ursine.ca: mutt: how to forward envelope From?]
> From: Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk>

I think that envelope-from has been added by exim (and then rewritten
by exim; my rewriting rule is broken for mail sent to myself, but it
doesn't cause anything else to break, so I can live with it :-) )

It would probably be possible to define a forward_format in .muttrc that
includes the entire original envelope-from in the subject header, and
then have an exim.conf rewriting rule that detects that subject header
format and reconstructs the envelope-from. It would be kind of gross
though.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons