Re: off the list again

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 02:30:52 +0100
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Here's some speculation: perhaps that "25% capacity" figure is an
> average over some period of time, whereas what's happening is that
> sometimes you get a big burst of swens and your mailbox goes over
> quota for a while until whatever anti-swen you're using deletes them.
> Perhaps you could try increasing the frequency with which you delete
> swens, using a cron job maybe.

I wondered if that might be the explanation, but I delete stuff every 3
minutes, and when I was away for a week recently I only accumulated about
7MB of junk out of the 10 allocated to me.  It seems to me the chance of
filling 10MB in 3mins is not large.

I think it's probably due to poorly designed ISP filtering.  I've
complained but I'm not sure I'm gettiing through to them - I was asked to
send them copies of the bounces, which of course I'm not getting - it's
the people mailing me that get them - they don't seem to understand that
:(

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber