Re: Tool to bounce mails

* Monique Y. Herman (spam@bounceswoosh.org) [031009 12:05]:
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 at 17:36 GMT, ScruLoose penned:
> > And if you really want to start annoying spammers, go do a google
> > search on teergrubing. This likewise only applies if you're running
> > your own mailserver.
>
> Okay, I keep seeing this term, so I finally did look it up.
>
> http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/teergrube.en.html
>
> I wonder what the legal ramifications are, as well as wondering how
> likely it would be that teergrubing would result in retaliation that
> would saturate my bandwidth and make my ISP very unhappy with me (not to
> mention rendering my net access unusable).
>
> I'm not sure how I feel about this sort of vigilante behavior.  I'm not
> saying I disapprove -- I'm saying I haven't decided.
>
> Anyone have opinions, thoughts, experiences they can share?

Yeah.  If you connect to my server, and my server is slow, you have 2
choices:  (1) wait it out, or (2) bugger off.  I don't see how this is
could possibly be construed as vigilante behavior or have any legal
ramfications.  I didn't follow the link above; perhaps it has a
different definition of teergrube than I'm familiar with.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/