Re: Incorrect system time

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:40:25AM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:

| The hardware clock should always be set to UTC (formerly GMT).

I agree here :-).

| The only time you want the hardware clock on local time is when you are
| dual-booting Windows, since Windows runs with local time in the hardware
| clock.

Alternatively you can simply let Windows be wrong and use UTC rather
than Local Time.  This is what I did on the laptop I use at work
because I don't use windows very often, and don't care so much if
windows has the correct local time or not.

-D

--
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to
all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/