Re: Convert realaudio to free audio ???

> > mplayer can play realplayer files (I guess that audio too). I'm not sure
> > about converting them though...

Since mplayer can play realmedia (it may need you to install the binary
realplayer for some of the very new formats, but I'm unsure on this
point), it can also send the output to a file... try something like

$ mplayer proprietary.rm -oa pcm -oafile=open.wav

If it turns out you need the realplayer, you can apt-get install
realplayer (from the deb repository at marillat.free.fr) and this will
unpack the binary installer for you and install it in a more
Debian-centric way :)

Cheers,
Gavin.