Re: changing permissions of files in directories

> Adam <a24061@yahoo.com> [2003-10-08 12:28]:
>
> On Wednesday 08 October 2003 08:00, Lukas Ruf wrote:
>

> > find <path> -type f | xargs chmod 0644
>
> I would have come up with
>
> find PATH -type f -exec chmod 0644 '{}' ';'
>
> Is the version with xargs better, and how?

the reason I usually make use of xargs is for sake of my own tendency
to mistyping errors.

Further, for me it's easier than remembering all arguments to all
command line tools I make use of.

Real pros and cons, I do not really know.  As a con, I could imagine
that an additional program has to be launched (xargs).

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |