ZOPE not working. Maybe config problem. Any Debian Tips?

I have been trying to get zope to work for 2 weeks now. No luck! It seems to start OK (the zserver is working) on port 9673 as described in the debian readme. However when I try to login using either format http://www.myserver.com:9673/ or http://localhost:9673/ I get the same response in a mozilla popup alert:

'The connection was refused when trying to contact www.myserver.com:9673

I am not sure if this is being sent by the zope server or the Apache server. Are there any special things that need to be done to the /etc/apache/httpd.conf file or some special (debian only) configuration that is not covered by the docs. Yep; I have indeed read all of them.
Running SID complete
--
John