gzip question

Actually this doesn't have to be just in regards to gzip, but any file compression application.

Is there a way to force the application to provide a specific directory structure for the files you wish to compress. For example: let's say I have serveral files in my home directory. I want to zip them so that when someone unzips them, the directory structure will be for a windows system something like: c:\Program Files\special directory\

Is there a way to do this?

Curtis