Re: Root path question

I had a similar problem with switching to the root
user and not getting all of root's path variables
added to my environment. my instructor said to use
this command:

su - root

And it worked like a charm. Apparently it loads you
into a new shell exactly like you just logged in as
the user. All your old paths will be unavailable but
all of root's paths will be part of the environment.

hope this helps

Aaron