Re: knx-hdinstall vs dist-upgrade. taking bets.

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:11:29 -0400
"S. Loisel" <loisel@math.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Dear Debianites,
>
> I've decided to install Knoppix on my hard disk. It has been suggested
> before that this is a good way to get an initial installation of
> Debian up and running, and it's true that the process is very
> seamless.

As I write this, I am trying my first attempt to use knoppix as installer. I have a machine that seems to be a very painful thing with respect to hardware recognition.
I will post more as it goes. I can say that so far the sound card didn't work, it got recognized, but the module was not found (???) It is an audigy ls (emu10k1 module).