Re: Holy Spam!

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 12:13:28PM -0400, Jon Earle wrote:
> I sent _one_ post to the debian-users list yesterday.  One.  I neglected
> to use an alias I'd created for posting to that list, and, due to their
> open posting policy and their email-usenet gateway and the availability of
> addresses in the clear within the list archives, within _minutes_, I
> started receiving viruses, spam and other crap.  My mail logs since
> yesterday show a _ton_ of crap coming at me now!  Unbelievable!

I made the same mistake!  IT WAS A HORRIBLE MISTAKE! I've been fighting
the battle ever since.  I ruined a good email address.

Now I'm faced with filtering tons of spam (with spamassassin, or
procmail, or something else to learn), or abandoning my main mail
address...

There's gotta be a better way.
=(

-sfh