xinerama ideas

Hi!

They are sitting so far away because they are normally
used to each have a user with its own keyboard and
mouse and the PC in between them. That is the
Backstreet Ruby multi-user use.

So that way I can (at present) boot with each monitor
having its own xdm login screen, but way I cannot
switch to vc's (Ruby limitation.)

Or, boot with one xdm login screen and that way I can
start the separate X server on the other monitor and
login myself on the one monitor and then I do have
vc's.

Or, boot with xinerama, but then the monitors are not
immediately next to each other.

Backstreet Ruby has an experimental feature to switch
servers on the fly but I have not tried that.

Hugo.