Re: Ruby and Emacs support problem

Thus spake Bijan Soleymani (bijan@psq.com):

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:27:44PM -0500, wcrowshaw@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install ruby support into xemacs21.  I
> > installed the ruby-elisp package and I still don't
> > have ruby support in emacs.  Has anyone experienced
> > this problem?  Should I have installed another
> > package?
> >
> > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Just a wild guess but does:
> M-x ruby-mode
> work?
> It might just be that it's not set to start using ruby-mode
> automatically when it recognizes ruby files. Or you might be using a
> different file extension that what it expects etc.

I just tried doing a find-file (C-x, C-f) on a .rb file both in xemacs
and emacs (bother version 21) and they both put me into ruby-mode as I
would have hoped. I've not done anything in my .emacs to enable this,
it just worked out of the box.

Did either of these help?
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |