Re: yahoo wants to save cookies at /

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 05:35:11PM +0300, Alphonse Ogulla wrote:
| Unable to open mail.yahoo.com in konqueror as non root for the simple fact
| that yahoo wants to dump some cookies at / (root) directory for which I have
| no permissions. Anybody experience this strange behaviour?

What makes you think konqueror is trying to save data in /?

If you're looking at the "Path" (as mozilla calls it) in the "Cookie
Details" dialog, that has no relevance to your local file system.  It
is the base path of URLs at that site for which the cookie will be
returned.  For example, if I browse to http://mail.yahoo.com/ and the
server requests setting a cookie with path "/", then when I browse to
http://mail.yahoo.com/foo, the browser will supply the cookie back to
the server because /foo is under /.

HTH,
-D

--
The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.

-D

--

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/