Re: defalt nfs mount options

arjen wrote:

I do some mounts from an nfs server, and I get a few mount options that I did not specify myself:

huis:/files/samba on /home/samba type nfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)

To get rid of bits that you didn't specify, you have to specify something contradictory. This will be done either in /etc/fstab or on your mount command line using the -o option. See man mount. For instance,

mount -t nfs -o exec huis:/file/samba /home/samba

would ensure that the filesystem is mounted with the exec bit.

Regards,
John Spray