Re: exim4 SSL/TLS client: refusal to verify certificate

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 03:40:07 +0200, Vineet Kumar wrote:

> Perhaps it's failing because it can't verify a certificate chain from a
> trusted root certificate?  You might need to grab the thawte CA cert and
> append it to your tlscerts.out.

You are right. Exim doesn't even care about the server's certificate. When
I concatenate all Thawte root certs (from the ca-certificates package)
into tlscerts.out, Exim can derive the validity of the GMX certificate.

I find that a bit strange, since I cannot see why I should trust Thawte
more than I trust my email provider, but so be it....

> Just a guess ... I'm doing some testing right now to try to get a better
> answer.

None needed :-)  Thank you very much!

--
Best Regards,  | Wer Windows-Rechner ins Internet lässt,
 Sebastian     | braucht nicht über SWEN stänkern!