Re: How do I make dpkg-reconfigure rewrite XF86Config-4?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 09:43:18AM +0800, Benjamin J. Tilly  wrote:
> I have a locally modified XF86Config-4 file.  I would like to
> 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' and have it overwritten.
> But it won't because the file is locally modified.
[...]
> The FAQ does not spell out how to convince it to overwrite anyways.

I've been meaning to fix that.

> It looks like I just need to run the right command to put the right
> MD5 checksum in the right format in the right place.  Can anyone
> tell me what those values of "right" are?  And as a follow-up,
> should an answer to this question be put in the FAQ?

Yes.  In the meantime you can get the instructions from a
dexconf-written config file.  Just do this:

$ dexconf -output=/tmp/foo
$ pager /tmp/foo

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "Then how could astronauts walk