Hardware Compatability

To whom this may concern,
    I tried to install Mandrake 9.2 and Redhat 9 onto a Toshiba Satellite 2400-s201 laptop w/256MB RAM and the processor is 1.6 GHz.  I am trying to run it on Virtual PC that was downloaded from the Microsoft site.  Everything installs fine, except when it boots up, X-Windows never loads up and I get an error saying that there is "No Device".  This is due to Mandrake 9.2 and Redhat 9 not recogizing the Video Card and the monitor.  The video card device is a "S3 Graphics SuperSavage / IXC1179".  The monitor is a Toshiba Internal 1024x768 Panel Display. Will Debian experience this problem?