Re: Diff btw GeForce4 and RIVA TNT2?

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 17:00, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have Backstreet Ruby installed so I have 2 monitors
> with kbds/mice that each have a user.
>
> The monitors are samsungs 17" but the cards are
> different: one is a RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 and
> the other a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x.
>
> I notice no difference between the 2 other than that I
> paid $25 more for the MX440.
>
> I would like to see the difference between the two
> with some application: but I am a no-gamer nurd.
>
> Anybody know of an app/game that would show clearly
> what the difference between these 2 cards is?

Hi Hugo

The GeForce series are much newer cards than the TNT's. They support
newer DirectX functions in windows games. Furthermore, their clock
frequency is higher and they provide faster texture rendering. A simple
app that will show you the difference is glxgears, but if you really
want to know what it's about, go ahead, download the Quake 3 arena demo
and see:
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/linux/
linuxq3ademo-1.11-6.x86.gz.sh

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!