Re: Allowing any user to shutdown from gnome

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:34, Ben Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 11:00, Martin Jungowski wrote:
>
> > You can also set SUID on shutdown and add a Launcher to your Panel or
> > Desktop in GNome.
>
> Managed to SUID Root on shutdown (chmod a+s /sbin/shutdown) and can
> shutdown from a command line but how do I add to the launcher.  I tried
> one with the command '/sbin/shutdown -h now' but it douse not work.

I really wouldn't recommend this if you care about security the tiniest
bit. Do you want EVERYONE (even remote users) to be able to shutdown
_your_ system while _you_ are working with it?

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!