Re: vim and french accents

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:07:52PM -0400, Luc Lefebvre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using vim on woody without any trouble <doing control-k ^
> e gives the circonflexe accent on the e for example>.  I now also have
> Libranet installed on another machine and even though I copied over my
> .vimrc and set LANG and LC_ALL to "C" in both cases I can't get all of
> the accents to work <interestingly the c cedille and e accent aigu
> work as they do on woody>.
>
> Any clues as to where I should look, typing locale gives the same
> result in both cases...

For reasons I have not investigated (and seem wrong to me) some of the
diagraphs have changed.

Use '!' instead of '`' for a grave accent.
Use '>' instead of '^' for a circonflex.

The others are still sensible.

BTW, isn't that (control-k letter accent) rather than (control-k accent
letter)?

--
"From earliest childhood to extreme old age, life is a long
 apprenticeship. We learn to walk by repeated falls; we learn by