netenv and environment variables

Netenv was lately upgraded but now I have problems with exporting
variables such as proxy settings (http_proxy and ftp_proxy). Earlier
version made a link to the active settings file so that it could be
sourced from bashrc but this is no longer done.
How is this supposed to be done now?
Another problematic setting is that the timeout for the default settings
doesn't deactivate on keypress, so that if I am not quick enough to
chose the settings I want netenv chooses the default even if I am in the
process of moving around in the menu.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il