howto/faq: installing & configuring debian on old hardware

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a faq or howto on installing and configuring
debian for end users on quite old hardware? Old means 486 and early
pentiums (<200mhz).

I have a few old beasts in my basement I want to pass on to people who
don't know much about computers, so simplicity and usability is key. If
the computers can be setup to dial an ISP, check email and surf the web
is probably enough. Having to login or sudo to root in order to do
system  things is probably too complicated.

thanks,

-matt