Laptop battery

I have an ancient NEC Versa 4080H laptop, and I wiped Windows off of it to install Debian. I'd like to be able to check the power left in the battery. How would I do that? (Note that there's no X windows installed, so command line only please)

Is there a /proc entry?  I couldn't find one.  Thanks for any help.

Also please CC any replies to me, as I don't want to deal with the massive amounts of mail going through this server. Thanks.

Microsoft Windows: Proof that P.T. Barnum was correct.

Steven Schlansker
Tech Support & Programming

Flamin' Ghost Software
http://www.fgsoft.net/