Re: Newsgroup usage question

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:29:07 -0500, "debian.1" <debian.1@mlec.net>
wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm having trouble posting a question to the lists.  I tried to do it
> via the newsgroup, dosent' appear.  I used my subscribed address.  Can
> one post via the newsgroup?  What settings are required?
>
> I am subscribed to debian-user-digest only.

This isn't possible directly via news, because it's a one-way news
gateway. However, you can always read it via news and then follow-up by
email by sending a message to debian-user@lists.debian.org. You do not
have to be subscribed to post to this list.

On the other hand, you can also use Gmane (?) which is a service that
allows two-way access to a variety of open-source and technical related
mailing lists via NNTP. It's kind of neat in concept.

http://www.gmane.org

--
Scott Christopher Linnenbringer		[sl@eskimo.com]
http://www.eskimo.com/~sl/info.txt 	[sl@moslug.org]