Re: Question on GPG

El lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2003, a las 04:41, Pigeon escribe:
> I know; see my next paragraph... I'm pointing out that the system is
> not necessarily "magically" secure if not used with the intended
> rigour, as may be the case on a mailing list environment, or if
> outhouse excess supported pgp. However secure the algorithms involved
> may be, any cryptographic system can be compromised by slackness and
> complacency on the part of its users.

Exactly. In the worst case, checking someone's fingerprint is not
enough for me in order to sign his key. I also want to be sure that I
am not signing a key to someone that is not signing other's keys
without checking their fingerprints very carefully. This is about
trustness.

"Don't sign a key if you don't know what PGP is about. Don't sign a
key to somebody who doesn't know what PGP is about".

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'autheurs il en est grande cherté"