Re: confused about /dev/input/mice

On Sunday 28 September 2003 20:04, Albert Dengg wrote:

> Well, every _USB_ mouse connected will be accessible through
> /dev/input/mice, but ps2 devices are not managed with hid and therefore are
> not accessible through /dev/input/mice but through /dev/psaux

Hmmm... what exaclty is the psmouse module for then? It is a part of input and
i cant find any section of the traditional input system in the 2.6 kernel
configuration.

/dev/psaux is only used by input as a somewaht clone of /dev/input/mice. That
means that it also outputs the data from my USB mouse and not the ps2
touchpad.

The problem must be somewhere else. The input system detects my ps2 touchpad i
get no error message somewhere... i dont know if i have to switch somehow
between these devices... very strange.

--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
Annoyed about M$ Windows? Don't worry. Try Linux! (www.linux.org)