Problem Installing exim

Hi there:

I am running a mixture of sarge/sid and am trying to install exim.
apt-get install exim
seems to fetch and install it OK, but it is not able to set it up, I
receive the following error message:

# apt-get install exim
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  exim
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1019 not
upgraded.
Need to get 756kB of archives.
After unpacking 1434kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 ftp://ftp.debian.org unstable/main exim 3.36-8 [756kB]
Fetched 756kB in 19s (38.1kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package exim.
(Reading database ... 167326 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking exim (from .../archives/exim_3.36-8_i386.deb) ...
Setting up exim (3.36-8) ...
hostname: Unknown host
hostname --fqdn gave non-zero exit code 256
dpkg: error processing exim (--configure):
 exim

dpkg --configure exim also gave me the same error message.
I don't have access to any SMTP server right now (don't ask how I am
sending this!) and so I need this MTA in order to send my mails, help is
aapreciated.

Please CC me as I am temporarily not on the list.

Cheers

Aryan