bind has quit working

On my personal server, bind has quit working.

Previously, I had a caching nameserver running at 192.168.0.1 that also
resolved local names on my internal network. I was futzing around with
fetchmail/mailfilter and decided to reboot the server. On reboot, dns no
longer works, unless I point resolv.conf to my isp's dns boxes.

However, ps -A | grep named still shows named running. syslog reveals no
unusual messages regarding bind/named.

Where do I need to look to start my detective work?

I'm running sid.

TIA

Jeff Elkins