Re: per user samba

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 07:10:13 +0200, LeVA wrote:
> Is there a way to setup samba, to enable the users to share files/dirs
> under their home dirs. Under kde/konqueror there is an option to share
> files, and if I'm root under kde I can setup to allow the users to share
> files/dirs under their home dir or to not to allow anything. But this
> isn't working, and I think it's because the samba config.
> So can I setup samba to allow a simple user, who doesn't have root
> privilages to share some stuff in his home dir. I guess it will be a
> ~/.smb file or something like that, but that I don't know :)

The way I'd do it as a samba admin is to create a share directory that
all the users have access to and have them put the files in there.
Alternatively, as /home is more generic than /home/user, make /home
world writeable (chmod 0777), but keep /home/user user-only (chmod 0700).

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply