Re: running short on DMA buffers during badblocks

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 11:18, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22 2003, Georg Nikodym wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Jan 1904 00:13:59 +0100
> >               ^^^^
> > Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Upgrade your kernel, this bug is fixed in 2.4.20 and newer.
> >
> > Wow, dude.  You're old :-)
>
> Better? :)
>
> Dunno why, but if my powerbook runs out of juice while suspended it
> screws the time.

That's because the battery that keeps the time is a very small
capacitor. Doesn't hold for long at all...

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because
of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a
formerly surcharge-free cashpoint.