Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:26:14AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 01:16:38PM -0600, Jacob Anawalt wrote:
> > To me the big question is how do I avoid the spam in the first place,
> > besides avoiding email all together?
>
> Become an extremely hostile target.  Report all mail and news abuse
> ASAP.  http://spamcop.net/ and http://www.abuse.net/ are both
> excellent resources for getting ahold of admins.

I do wonder a bit about spamcop... I don't know if this is
coincidental, but after I started using it I began to get less spam,
then the spam rates started creeping up again - with a different
distribution; more Nigerian scams, and more spams from .cn and .pk
domains of which spamcop says "these lot won't listen to us". I wonder
if spammers whose ISPs and/or countries' legal systems don't give a
rat's ass about spamming simply use spamcop reports as confirmation of
a valid email address...

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons